Team Eko is glad to announce that we are getting started with open source! You now have access to the best optimised algorithms and UI to process money remittance transactions at your merchant network.
Till date, this money transfer web application has processed more than Rs 4,000 crores and is being used by more than 2000 agents across the country.
Available now at: https://github.com/EkoHub/Money-Transfer-Web-Applicaton
Now, partners/organizations can use this standalone website and deploy it on their systems. Developers can now modify the code and are free to develop or test our remittance APIs.
It is recommended to run the project in Virtual Environment instead of changing the global installations as it stores all the dependencies required for this project in the Project folder itself .
- Download or Clone the Repository
- Please go through readme.txt for installation instructions
- After installation (including population of database), please review the workflow
- Capture Sender Details
- The merchant/agent enters “Sender Mobile Number” and presses “Go” button. This invokes “Get Customers API” which returns the following scenarios:
- If customer does not exist – Invoke “Create Customer API”, which fires an OTP to the customer’s mobile number. On entering the OTP, the application invokes “Verify Customer API”.
- If customer exists – Redirect to Recipient box
- Capture Recipient Details – In case customer exists, “Get All Recipients” API is invoked. If the list is empty or the customer wishes to send money to a new bank account, then the merchant/agent can add a Recipient by clicking on “Add Recipient”
- Adding a recipient requires the merchant/agent to enter bank name, bank account details and recipient details. On entering the required details, the“Add Recipient API” gets called. Different banks require different flows for adding a recipient efficiently, which has been explained here: http://blog.eko.co.in/add-recipient-workflow-simplified/
- Selecting any recipient from the list invokes “Get Recipient API” and agent is taken to the Transaction box as shown in the image above.
- Capture Transaction Details
- Enter the amount of money to be sent and select the Transaction mode. Clicking on “Send money” button invokes Send Money API. The status of transaction is displayed as toast at the bottom of the webpage
- Capture Sender Details
This is yet another by-product of Eko’s Summer Internship program under which we hire students from the best universities across the country and provide them a platform to explore our technology. The open source was developed by Siddharth Jandial (NIT J), Kunal Sachdeva (NIT J), Teja Surya (IIT D) and Alankar Verma (NIT R) under the guidance of Mr. Saurabh Mullick.
- Tutorial on Django – https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/intro/tutorial01/
- To know more about Virtual Environment – http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/dev/virtualenvs/